Sometimes with your HP LaserJet pro m1132, you start getting E8 Error light. The error means- problems with your scanner carriage. When your carriage movement stops or disrupted, the printer automatically starts sending an E8 error light.
The cause of HP Printer error code E8 could be software based, or there is a break in the scanner motor connection, or the motor itself is a culprit that may be preventing carriage smooth movement.
The other reasons for this error include: wear and tear of the printer parts or accumulation of the dust on the sensitive mechanical arms and rubber rollers. Cleaning and maintenance will most likely resolve the issues behind the E8 error light signal. For detailed troubleshooting tips, refer the cleaning and maintenance procedure below.
Solutions for HP Printer E8 Error Code
The basic solutions for this error include: reimage repair tools for the software and manual repairs or maintenance for failure attributed to mechanical parts of the printer. If you are wondering how to resolve HP LaserJet pro M1132 Error E8 then follows these steps:
How to Fix E8 Error on HP Printer| Cleaning & Maintenance
Place the hp LaserJet pro m1132 printer over a sturdy workbench in a ventilated area. You will need a screw driver, a clean rag and alcohol. After gathering all, follow these steps:
- Open the main printer cover.
- Unlock the ink cartridge lever, hold the handle and pull it out.
- Locate the printer roller and unclip it from the holder.
- Hold the roller and clean it with cotton damped with alcohol. You should remove all dust, accumulated ink and other foreign substances.
- Allow it to dry.
- Clip the roller back to the printer holder, push it till the roller sets into position.
- Turn the printer sideways and look for the jack at the back, remove the two nuts and pull the jack out.
- Clean the black printer roller inside and all the other parts, then reinstall back the jack using the nuts that were taken out.
- Reinstall the ink cartridge back lock the lever down.
- Close the printer and power up. Check if the error lights still blink.
- If it is again blinking, apply oil on the drive gears and close the scanner.
- Start your printer again.
By following the above process, the issue should 90% be resolved fully. Remember to Clean and maintain mechanical parts of your printer to prevent the issue from recurring in the future. If you still need any help, we recommend you to call us toll free on our Printer support numbers. Our HP printer support for any issue is absolutely free.
Get the Best Free Support for HP Printer| USA/Canada
If you are still looking for help on how to fix e8 error on hp printer, all you need to call on our HP printer Helpline Phone Number. We offer free support services for customers across UK, USA, Canada & Australia- +1-800-436-0509 USA/Canada, +44-800-046-5700 UK and +61-1800-769-903 AUS Toll Free.